Pages

Sunday 10 April 2016

Home Sweet Home

Having Brain freeze working on a Wedding card for the past two weeks I needed a splash of colour in my life. Using Lindsay Mason's Sweet Dixie Stamp Range *Home Sweet Home* from personal Impressions (Product code SDCSA6040)

When I first purchased this stamp set I just knew I needed to create something Homely, Bold & Bright.


The set comprises of a delightful Home Sweet Home stamp and six quirky Houses one in particular has a rather astonished exterior... can you spot him??


I painted the background landscape using vivid Ranger Acrylic paint Dabber's then stamped onto the landscape planing where I wanted the houses to go, I then stamped the houses again onto card as these were to be coloured with alcohol markers, cut out and overlaid onto the painting. The pathways were drawn before the coloured houses were applied.


This project at present is temporarily stuck in my Art Journal as I'm not too sure whether to frame it but I thought I would share my Happy burst of colour with you anyway.
Thank you for reading my Crafty Chatter... Hugs from Tracey x







2 comments:

Lindsay Mason said...

This is wonderful Tracey and I love your description of the astonished house! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Opppps missed this comment. Yes those houses do look rather alarmed..! x